It’s been a looong time since I’ve updated this place… Super Robot Taisen K came out, and I just couldn’t play it fully yet >.<
Here’s what I have in mind for this place… This will also serve as a todo list for me, and perhaps motivate me to update more often… Those are not ordered by priority, BTW:
- Dedicated site for Super Robot Taisen games: Super Robot Taisen J and Super Robot Taisen W are fantastic games, that motivated me to do dedicate almost the entire site for them, from news of their release back then, to summary based walkthroughs. Too bad those never went past the first few stages, and a few character profiles. I want to complete them. I know there are already several fantastic guides out there, but I want to complete them just for the sake of it. And I still have to catch up with K’s release.
- Sites for SD Gundam G Generation games: just like SRW games, I do like G Generation games as well. Two of them for the DS, G Generation DS and Crossdrive, also had sites for them, but nowhere as dedicated as the SRW ones. I’d like to do better with them, although perhaps only DS deserves it (Crossdrive becomes a bit disappointing towards replay value). And with Wars coming up next for the Wii, I might try to dedicate a space for it as well.
- Finish and review translation guides: the first time I played a SRW game (SRWA, 2001), I’ve thought “Why not share this story with others who can’t read Japanese?“. Several years later, I could complete a translation guide for it. I learned that translating IS time consuming, and requires good language domain. Still, I’ve learned a lot, and there’s still SRWR’s guide to be completed. I plan to do so, but I still have to figure good ways to do so in my free time without becoming a tedious job.
- Java programming: as a (mostly) Java programmer, I do google around often to look for solutions for the problems I face at work. So I’d like to post tips and stuff I find related to programming, in hopes of helping out people that end up stumblinging upon the same problem as mine.
- Mac, iPhone stuff: I’ve been learning about Mac and iPhone recently, so might as well toss in interesting stuff I find about them, as well as iPhone programming stuff.
- Rayearth: with Geocities closing down, I’ll have to host my (several years) old Rayearth site at another place… Why not here, at the end of all things? This will be done someplace in this month, hopefully, as a homage to all the years that Geocities hosted it. And maybe one day, I can remake it entirely.
- Draw more: a long time ago I knew how to draw and put together a manga story of my own… I want to bring back this interest, and improve on it. The old site had a gallery with most of my drawings I made back then, so I want to update it more often.