The mysterious Capcom x Bandai-Namco x Sega game was unveiled yesterday as being named Project X (Cross) Zone, an SRPG game for the 3DS. Release date is still unannounced, but the first scans from Famitsu came out already. The game features characters from the 3 companies, mostly coming in pairs to fight whatever they throw at them.
The unveiled characters are:
- Ryu and Ken (Street Fighter)
- X and Zero (Megaman X)
- Demitri & Dante (Vampire & Devil May Cry)
- Chris and Jill (Resident Evil Revelations)
- Sakura & Ichiro (Sakura Taisen)
- Kurt & Riela (Valkyria Chronicles)
- Toma & Cyrille & Urara (Shining Force EXA, Space Channel 5)
- Akira & Pai-chen (Virtua Fighter)
- Zengar (Super Robot Taisen OG)
- Jin and Xiaoyu (Tekken)
- Kos-mos and T-elos (Xenosaga)
- Yuri and Estelle (Tales of Vesperia)
- Kite and Black Rose (.hack)
One notable mention about the screens is Ryu and Ken unleashing a combination attack featured in the animated movie: Ryu grabs the enemy’s legs, Ken attacks with the Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, then Ryu finishes with Shoryuken. Also, I’m glad X and Zero made it in.
Dare to say I’m quite excited about this game, even if some key company characters like Sonic seems missing. I’m expecting a lot more characters will be unveiled later on and, being familiar with Namco X Capcom and Endless Frontier, I’m hoping for Reiji and Xiaomu to make an appearance as well.